Hard Rock Park
That would be a sand recreation of Mount Rushmore with Elvis, Jimi, John, and Bob sculpted for the Hard Rock Park! Ground has been broken on the first rock and roll theme park set to open in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina in Spring 2008. The park will be separated into six sections, sort of like a rock and roll Epcot Center. From the press release:
Hard Rock Park will feature six distinct “rock environs” celebrating rock’s culture, lifestyle, legends and irreverence:
1. All Access Entry Plaza – A cluster of “people friendly” piazzas that provide vibrant shopping venues and public spaces designed in a blend of mission and warehouse styles
2. Rock & Roll Heaven – An oasis of rock, explores the feelings and emotions “behind the music” – the influences, the legends and the vibrations that stir the soul
3. British Invasion – Celebrates rock ‘n’ roll English style. The look and feel of London creates a backdrop to explore rock’s most influential artists and musical genres
4. Lost in the 70’s – A large indoor mall where Britannia and America converge in the eclectic mix of Punk, Disco and Glam that dominated the 70’s
5. Born in the USA – Salutes the birthplace and “melting pot” of rock: an American tapestry of exciting styles as diverse as the people that live from “sea to shining sea”
6. Cool Country – Expresses a distinctively American form of music and its incredible lasting popularity, particularly in the South!
Awesome! \m/ ^_^ \m/
Well, there’s only one way to end an awesome rock post. ROCK AND ROLL ALL NIGHT AND PARTY EVERY DAY!